Fiss in Winter
An experience for all senses
The ski-dimension Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis is one of the biggest and most modern ski areas of Austria. 212 kilometers of slopes, 67 modes of transportation, 110 kilometers of cross-country ski runs as well as 100 kilometers hiking paths free of snow let the heart of every winter fan beat faster.
Besides on the broad and optimally prepared slopes, friends of freestyle can prove their courage and balance in one of the several funparks and in the huge freeride area. Carver fulfill their desires on special carving runs and ski racers at the permanent ski racing runs as well as on the speed run, where you can compete with friends.
On the 10 kilometers of tobogganing runs in the ski resort of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis tobogganing will not only be a family-event during the day.
Unrivalled throughout the Alps - ski holidays with kids
Special areas for children, two of the best ski schools of Tyrok, adventure trails - that is holiday with the whole family.
In Fiss you experience winter-highlights like the legendary ski-show „Nightflow".
Decorate the mountain with your "First Track" before anyone else has the chance - when the sun rises you are already carving down the freshly prepared slopes.
Dare a sight "Behind The Scenes" and learn facts about the cable car station or take a seat in one of the 490 HP strong "Pistenbullys" for a ride through the alpine mountains.
Only here in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis.
Did you know that...
- approximately 30 piste machines are working on the slopes in the nighttime to guarantee full ski fun for the next day?
- our downhill slopes are used as grazing land for the animals from the region in summer?
- in the winter a lot more than 1,000 persons are working in the ski resort?
- there have been invested more than € 200 million only in the last 10 years for improving the ski resort?
- approximately 1,150 snow guns are in action when the temperatures are low?
- the artificial snow consists only of water and air and that this water has drinking water quality?
- the products of our restaurants are mainly delivered from domestic farmers?
- averagely about € 50,000 per year is invested in the recultivation and planting work?
- 90.000 people can be transported per hour?
- the ski area Fiss-Ladis with the project of the Summer funpark won the Tyrolean price of innovation 2007 and were also nominated for the national award?
- the underground cable railway (Dorfbahn) in Serfaus is the smallest and highest air cushion rail of the world?
- about 21,000 snow athletes are enjoying the ski fun in Tyrol`s ski dimension on peak days?
- the live panoramic images are broadcasted daily in 3Sat, TW1, München TV as well as in the regional TV of the villages?
- the „Tirol Touristica Preis 2008" ‒ the highest award of the Tyrolean tourism - was given to the family paradise of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis?